Tuesday, March 07, 2006

25 miles (give or take a mile)

My speedometer doesn't work so I'm not totally sure. Today was beautiful and I felt like my legs were working. A bit of a gusty NE wind but it felt good to push it. We rode the straights again. Building our endurance slowly but surely. On the last leg of the ride I heard a popping noise...you all know...flat. I'd run over a nail and it pierced tbe tire. Great. I haven't gotten any new tubes since the Century ride last year so I'm done now. Until I can get another wheel. Hopefully Thursday when I'm in Lincoln for the Boys State B Ball Tourny we can swing by the Bike Rack and I can look at some goodies there. I need a new mirror, new handlebar tape and maybe a mountain bike or two...hee hee.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Duct tape actually works wonders for patching puncture holes in tires. You could probably run your tire for several hundred more miles on it, depending on how big the tear is. Just carry extra tape for the road.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home