Sunday, July 10, 2005

It Was...something else

Yup...it was dejavu like...haven't I been here before riding into a headwind?...and ps...add on flat tires! Yes...I said flat tireS...Plural. Poor poor Jim...Mr. Big Boy of the Blues Bike and Fitness himself who had to take care of my NAUGHTY Terry. That little hussy blew a sidewall AND then got herself another flat before my ride was over. I could have spit bullets had I only had enough spit. Yah...it was hot too. The ride out to Beatrice was a bit of a BITCH because of the headwind which was strong. Just when we turned to head back to Lincoln, after passing a SLOW MOVING TRACTOR...I was heading into speed heaven with a tailwind and KABLAAAMMM I ran over a big damn rock! I was soooo mad. That's when I blew a big damn split in my sidewall. Jim came by to help a poor blonde and because the tires are odd size he rigged it up with chewing gum and a gum wrapper (just kidding). Anyway...to make a long story short...Jim fixed my hussy bike twice, hauled Cindy and I around, took us to his shop (which by the way I LOVED!) got one of his dudes to put on a couple new tires, Cindy and I shopped , I got a new speedometer, water bottles, looked at bikes, drooled, dreamed and then we went back to Cindy's brothers house in Kearney where we drank a cold beer and crashed for the night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rupp (bran rider) said...

Heh heh heh! Can't say you weren't warned about Hwy 77 and flats. Someday there will be a bike trail between Lincoln and Beatrice. Then we won't have to ride amongst all the truck debris anymore.

Will you do the Kearney Century Tour?

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jack Jenkins said...

hardcore ride. Nice.

two flats... gotta love it.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

NOT!! I'm a wussy...I do NOT like flats or anything but 72 degrees and no wind...and roller coaster hills baybe! grin

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home